The Darkevir is a resistance group that publicly announced itself as a sworn enemy to all foreign affairs in Sutherland. They exist all over the country and terrorize the Vermillion and Avangelist civilians. Their goal is to return Sutherland to its traditional ways before it was divided by the superpowers. They routinely attempt attacks on areas and people of interest, and are even assumed responsible for the collapse of the Haruka Mines, which led to the death of hundreds of Sutherland and Vermillion workers. It is considered an act of terrorism to speak of them and many citizens are put in work prisons for this. Even still, the Sutherlanians look toward silently as they believe in the Darkevir’s plan for a new Sutherland, free from its oppressors.
Their leader is merely known as Hero, a shadowy figure,who may or may not even exist. Hero is considered to be a symbol and as such, anyone can be Hero, or no one at all. Regardless of his\her existence, the impact that the Darkevir have had on foreign influence is undeniable. Much of the harder to reach/maintain areas of Sutherland that is controlled by Vermillion has been abandoned. Vermillion and Avangelist diplomats are terrified to visit the region, and the Darkevir have such a vast network of communication that it is almost impossible to be caught by surprise from the militaries.
It is possible for Horo to join the Darkevir as an associate. As he gains there trust, his actions will have a strong impact on the terrorists and the future of the nation itself. Will you crush the resistance and bring peace and order to the war stricken land? Or will you work to expel the foreign menace and bring Sutherland back into its glory? Like most other things, the choice is yours, but granted by Goddess Shi’s will.
So it’s 2 AM right now, and I should be asleep, but I was on Dark Souls and stuff. Anyway, I just happened to browsing my computer files and found a copy of Sanctuary that is MUCH more recent(we’re talking days, not months) than the version I had to use since losing the most recent copy(thanks alot dropbox…) So basically this a update telling of the great news of Sanctuary. And now I must sleep.
Well, as the title says, bad news be here. I have lost the most recent version of Sanctuary, and have to fall back on a slightly older version. I haven’t fully taken a look at it to see how older, but it seems to be pretty recent(Glad I’ve been slacking off on Sanctuary!) I did upload the modern version to Dropbox but apparently, it didn’t overwrite a older backup. Well that’s about it folks, but to not leave on a somber tone I give you lols:
While I’m wrapping up things for the demo, I’ll showcase a location in the Vermillion controlled Sutherland country:
- Cethorp is the location of the 2nd House of Kyoto. There are Six Houses of Kyoto throughout Sutherland, three to the Vermillion controlled territory and three to the Avangelist controlled territory. Voting is done on a majority principle. Here, farmers work for their landlord, the leader of the 2nd House of Kyoto(whose name I can’t remember). They’re complaints of neglect, abuse, and rape, but if the farmers try to leave, heavy fines are put on them by the owner for leaving in mid farming season. Their only salvation is his wife, Shinchiro, a gentle and caring young woman. However, in Sutherland, the wife is subordinate to the husband of the household by custom, and has no claim to any ownership while the husband is alive or has any male offspring;which she is incapable of. However there have talking in the dead of night of a plot to save the desperate farmers and Shinchiro…
- The Six Houses of Kyoto were prominent families that did not resist and even aided invading Vermillion and Avangelist troops when Vermillion invaded Sutherland.
- Avangelist only aided Vermillion, because it knew that Sutherland would be crushed and knew that Vermillion would attempt to enslave the entire nation, and wanted to be a super power afterwards as well.
I have been posting the various new features and updates about Sanctuary, but it means nothing if no one uses it. Well that ends today, as I finally managed to upload the revised and extended demo. You can get it here or on the Sanctuary: Innermost Feelings page. The only feature that I currently disabled is “Coresmithing” which is essentially enchanting weapons. This is because I forgot to update the system with the Fire Emblem weapons. Remember you need to have the RMVX RTP downloaded and installed to play.
I have the redone version ready to upload, but I left it on my home computer. This version contains:
- Entirely redone game mechanics
- Several more books of lore
- Access to the entire game content that has been developed
- Two more added party members
- Fire Emblem Weapon Triangle
- You can visit the country Sutherland-directly west of Avangelist(which reminds me I need to upload a world map)
- The big boss battle of Igneel is completely redone.
It donned on me(while I was playing Monster Hunter Freedom Unite) that Sanctuary: Innermost Feelings would naturally contain the stories of players and characters in the world in it as readable material. While we could conjure all these stories, I think it would be more interesting if we were given stories from people like you. So, if you enjoy writing we could certainly use your talents. Here are the guidelines:
- Unlimited Amount of stories(Well, there is a limit, but its really high)
- We will also more than likely modify the story here and there to match the lore of the game, but we will ok this with you first.
- Any names, locations, Proper Nouns are considered placeholders unless it can be incorporated into the story in a usable manner.